Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Wednesday, June 4

Today was a relaxed day with my friend Kaylee. We did a bit of light shopping because she needed a graduation dress and she knows that I generally have a good eye for style. Here's what I wore:



Okay so since this is my first outfit post don't judge me on the mediocrity of the photos too much haha. I will always be in a committed relationship with vertical black and white stripes regardless of how many times people tell me I look like a referee. This awesome slit maxi was something I splurged on at Patty's Closet and is a perfect piece. If I had one wish, it would be for it to be a high waisted longer skirt because it hits at my ankles even when it is slung low around my waist and that kind of bums me out and causes me to not wear it as much as I'd like to :/. Oh well, I love it anyways. The top is thrifted from one of my favorite stores, Plato's Closet (It gets a little confusing, I know--Plato's Closet and Patty's Closet sound very similar but are very different) a few months ago. I adore the scalloped layers and the single button open back. My shoes are basic nude sandals from Forever 21 that I should probably stop wearing but am emotionally attached to so I will never stop wearing them lol. I got my sunglasses from my local Dollar Tree and for some reason they are my favorite sunglasses that I've ever purchased! Perfect light filtering hahaha.
Anyways, Kaylee and I had a very successful shopping day and scored some great deals. She found a darling graduation dress at Kohl's that fit her perfectly (we're both petite, so finding clothes that fit us really well is thrilling) and  a few other seriously awesome deals at Plato's Closet. (She got some amazing black sandal heels for only $8! You can't beat deals like that!) Also, while we were there, I made what was probably one of the most exciting thrifts of all time: a pair of electric blue Steve Madden heels that are in brand new condition for only $10! YES I SAID TEN DOLLARS!! Here they are being majestic in the natural sunlight: 



After Plato's Closet, Kaylee and I went and ate a delicious lunch together at Cafe Rio. She got a pork quesidilla (sp?) and I got a pork tostada. Actually, I think I'm gonna go eat the rest of my tostada after I type this. Also, a hint for Cafe Rio-goers, buying an extra flour tortilla is only $1 and they are so delicious that it is totally worth it. 
Here's Kaylee, our food, and on the left her Hydroflask (which keeps water cold for up to 24 hours--She won't let me forget that!!) 

All in all, it was an awesome day. Let me know in the comments your favorite place to thrift shop where you always find amazing deals!
Enjoy your Wednesday <3
-Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?