Monday, June 9, 2014

Monday, June 9th

Hi all! Today was a fairly busy day with trying to relax in the morning but also having work and a photo shoot back to back. I don't know if I mentioned this before, but I'm an aspiring actress and model. The easiest way for me to get better (personally) at acting and modeling is to actively be in front of a camera practicing. Anyways, here was my outfit today:
Look back @ it

Cheese!!

My mom rocks at taking photos

Close up of my fab top

It was SUCH a gorgeous day in Vegas. Look at those clear blue skies! Clear skies days are my favorite days. I am CRAZY for this halter top! It is definitely one of my favorite recent purchases. I got this from sameoldchic.bigcartel.com. Courtney is the owner, and an avid blogger as well (thestyleplaylist.blogspot.com) and is my style icon and inspiration for creating Style Savoir. Everything she sells in her shop is awesome! I highly recommend her. My shorts are from the good ol thrift shop; not Plato's this time lol but Goodwill! It's more hit or miss there but sometimes I get lucky and score gems like these shorts that I love oh so much. They were too big and a little too long when I first got them, but my sweet, loving mother darted the back to take the waist in and folded and sewed the bottom of them for me. You'll all see a photo of my parents and sister soon enough (:

Anyways, work today was pretty rushed (mondays are shipping days for Bow and Drape items--always some sort of crazy) and after we got all of our orders shipped out, one of the seamstresses asked me if I shipped out a shirt that should have had a pocket on it, because she just realized that she forgot to put a pocket on it. I was honestly so irritated at first because Bow and Drape at Stitch Factory is ultimately my responsibility and if something gets shipped out wrong it's ultimately my fault. But in the end, we got the problem solved even though I should have definetley double checked everything that went out to make sure it was all accurate. Oh well, you live and learn and being 17 I sure have a lot of living and learning to catch up on. You'll get a post later on about what the heck it means when I say I'm in charge of Bow and Drape, stay tuned lol. 

Having to fix my previous error for work made me about 10 minutes late for my photo shoot with Richard (he rocks check him out at www.rjplv.com),  a photographer I had worked with previously that had asked me to model for him again in a test shoot. I got there at 6:25 and we left at 10:45. A solid 4+ hours of shooting but I had a lot of fun. When I'm modeling I try to be goofy with the photographer so that we both get comfortable with each other and can preform at the best we can. We both had a lot of fun and we got some seriously quality photos out of it. He also brought his polaroid camera (I LOVE POLAROIDS SO MUCH!!!!) and snapped some so super cute shots of me. Its funny because I can take as many selfies as I want and look demented but right when someone else is taking the photo I am all of a sudden super photogenic. It's so weird haha. 
One of the outfits for a really cool lighting test (an actual okay selfie--high five to myself)


Some fun polaroids! (bonus-my feet at the bottom lol)

Absolutely obsessed with these two. So darn cute! Not to toot my own horn but HAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!

Tupac never died. He "died" in 96, I was born in 96, not a coincidence. (I am the reborn Tupac. You should hear me rap along to Iggy Azalea.)

Tomorrow should be great because my older sister Nikki comes home!!! Yay!!! Let me know in the comments if you have any family coming home soon, Nikki's coming in for my Graduation on Wednesday. Can't wait to have my partner in crime back with me! (Hi Nikki if you're reading this)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?