Monday, August 25, 2014

2014 VMA's- Red Carpet

The VMA's are home to the scandalous celebs-- and their even more scandalous outfits!

Let's do a quick review of some red carpet looks that sang songs of angels-- and others that fell flat.

Let's start with my favorite looks of the night-




Beyoncé in a Nicolas Jebran black beaded gown. She slays at all red carpet shows. Do you think she woke up this flawless or is her stylist and makeup team to credit for her killer red carpet look? Iggy Azalea wears a beautiful Versace gown that shows off her best ass-ets (lol) and makes her way to the top of my best dressed list.

The "Booty" singer retains her title of fabulousness in a Charbel Zoe gown. I don't even know how old she is but it doesn't matter because she slays all award show red carpets. I'm just surprised she isn't wearing Versace- in the most recent episode of House of Style (hosted by Iggy Azalea) she showed the "Black Widow" rapper around the Versace location on Rodeo drive that was all staged with the famous JLo outfits including the green low V getup she wore back in the 2000's and her costume for Jenny From The Block for her tours. 

Two celebs shocked me on the red carpet this year- Kesha and Rita Ora. Kesha showed up looking beautiful and classically elegant in her Johanna Johnson gown despite her hair is dyed rainbow shades. Kesha is really maturing and I'm digging the style she had last night. I don't really follow Rita, but now I know I'm going to have to. All the outfits she wore last night were beautiful and she looks like a fox in this red Donna Karan Atelier gown. That high slit makes her legs look endless and her makeup and hair match the look perfectly. 

Lets move to the "what the f?!" outfits on the red carpet:
Taylor Swift: What even is this. Yes, your legs look fabulous, but this Mary Katrantzou romper was NOT made for you. I also am not digging the heel pairing with this romper, I would have stayed with something more neutral since the outfit itself is so loud. 

Charlie XCX showed up in a Moschino head-to-toe tiger striped jumpsuit. While loud prints and jumpsuits are totally in at the moment, I thought this look totally flopped. She should have stayed in a more safe ensemble for being a breakout artist. 


Amber Rose: It's kind of like she forgot she was supposed to wear clothes to an awards show. While this is fabulous and daring, I'm just not digging it. I think it's not appropriate for this particular award show. She wears a Laurel DeWitt dress-- or should I say embellished bra?

These are some other outfits that I thought were beautiful as well: 




And we can't forget about this legendary remake courtesy of Katy Perry and RiFF RAFF:

Katy and RiFF RAFF wear their denim duds made by Versace. Apparently, Britney challenged Katy to do her best Spears impression. I think she nailed it and then some!! 


What did you guys think of all these red carpet looks? All of the preformances were fabulous as well- the Beyonce one was iconic. 

Interact with me! Let me know how you feel about these outfits! What was your favorite VMA Red Carpet Look?

Images courtesy of Vulture.com 

2 comments:

  1. I honestly thought that Taylor Swift was one of the bests. She just gives off so much spunk and attitude that no one else offers.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?